There are three different types of ticks in New Jersey, all of which can transmit diseases. If you have noticed ticks in your area, it might be time for some tick pest control.
Ticks are parasitic pests that feed on blood. Most species feed on deer, livestock, people, rodents, wild animals, and pets. It’s important to hire tick pest control professionals if you identify ticks around your home or in your neighborhood.
Adult ticks often hide in wooded areas and areas with heavy vegetation. Check out these ways to identify the three most common types of ticks in our region.
Black-Legged Tick (Deer Tick)
This species can transmit many diseases, including Lyme disease, to humans. They are:
- Brownish-orange with blackish legs
- About ⅛-inch long before feeding
Lone-Star Tick (Wood Tick)
This species can transmit diseases to humans, although they’re not known to transmit Lyme disease. Lone Star ticks have one white spot on their backs (females) or multiple smaller white spots (males) and are:
- Reddish-brown before feeding, but slate gray after feeding
- ⅙- to ¼-inch long before feeding
American Dog Tick
- Brownish with whitish, gray, or yellow markings
- 3/16-inch long before feeding, but ⅝- inch long after feeding
Dangers Associated with Ticks
Ticks can spread serious and debilitating diseases, including Lyme disease, to you, your family, and your pets. That’s why quickly getting pest control for ticks is vital. Don’t allow your family members to catch a disease that could very much ruin their lives.
Tick Pest Control and Prevention
Here are several ways to reduce the number of ticks on your property:
- Keep your grass cut short.
- Keep wooded areas or areas of dense vegetation trimmed back from your lawn.
- Put a crushed stone border between wooded areas and your lawn.
- Take down bird feeders and other items that attract wildlife.
- Have your pets treated by a veterinarian for tick prevention.
- Check pets thoroughly after they’ve spent time outside.
- Check yourself and your clothing after being outdoors in your yard or wooded areas.
- Wear long sleeves and pants in wooded or vegetation-rich areas, and tuck your pant legs into your socks.
- Put on tick repellent when spending time outdoors.
Pest Control for Ticks
Completely eliminating ticks from your property is impossible, but professional pest control experts from ChemTec can safely reduce the number of ticks on your property. We use the latest and most effective method of pest control for ticks.
Each property and home is different. We’ll work with you as an individual to ensure that your specific needs are met. Contact ChemTec Pest Control today about our effective tick control programs!
Latest News & Blogs
28 DecemberHow Long Does Termite Treatment Last?
Termites can quickly become a serious problem in your home…Read Post
14 DecemberKeys to a Pest-Free Home this Holiday Season
The holidays are quickly approaching, which means you’re going to…Read Post
At ChemTec Pest Control, we operate under a singular ideal: If our customers aren’t satisfied, we aren’t satisfied either.
If you still have a problem with a pest after we have conducted our pest control treatment, just call us and we will come conduct another treatment for that pest for no charge as long as it’s within the warranty period. If after a warranty retreatment you are still not satisfied, we will return your money.
We mean business when we say we guarantee your satisfaction, but of course from a QualityPro Certified pest control business, you would expect no less.
Be sure to ask about our unlimited service options protecting you and controlling 60+ pests with guaranteed results.