We have a toolbox of effective botanical and low impact materials that are used to combat most every pest.
By partnering with our customers, we are able to determine the most effective treatment techniques for their needs. We believe that balancing your health and your safety is an issue you should have a say in. As a result of our successful IPM and green programs, many of our clients are schools, food processors and government facilities.
Learn more about our green pest control services
PestGuard Home Protection
Environmentally Conscious Green Commercial Services
All insects and rodents can be eradicated using “green” or natural pest control methods. Call it what you like: green pest control, natural pest control or organic pest control, it’s time that you strongly considered natural pest control service for your home or business.
By using botanical oils as one part of our natural pest control program, we use nature’s insecticide to treat your pests in an environmentally responsible manner. As a responsible professional, licensed pest management company we are constantly striving to improve our natural pest control service by utilizing the latest technologies available. We proudly use products from EcoSMART Technologies, which contain a patented blend of botanical oils that effectively target a broad spectrum of pests that is friendly to the environment.
Natural insect control
EcoSMART’s plant oil active ingredients target and block a key neurotransmitter receptor site for octopamine, which is only found only in invertebrates; the grouping to which all insects belong. Mammals do not have this neurotransmitter receptor site and so EcoSMART’s botanical products have no adverse effects on them. Many of the plant oils we use are classified as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) and approved by the U.S. F.D.A. (Food and Drug Administration).
Not only do these special botanical oils provide a quick “knockdown” (or pest death), they provide broad control against a wide variety of pests both indoor and out.
Natural rat, mouse, and other rodent control
Mice and rats, groundhogs and other pests are classified in the rodent family. Natural control of rodent populations can be done with exclusion methods, changes to the environment where they live and trapping. By altering the environment where rodents live, feed and nest you can in many cases, in conjunction with trapping, remove the problem without chemical use of any kind.
It is important to understand that rodents can carry disease and that anytime you have a rat, mouse, or rodent problem they are much more than just a nuisance. Not only can they be destructive chewers, but rodent droppings (particularly mice) can carry diseases including Salmonella, tapeworms, rat-bite fever and infective jaundice, just to name a few. These pests should not be left to proliferate in your environment even if you consider their presence in the attic or basement to not be troublesome.
It’s Time to Consider Natural Pest Control in NJ
You can count on ChemTec for all of your green pest control needs. With new options and treatment plans, it is time that you carefully reviewed if natural pest control solutions are right for your pest control needs by asking us at ChemTec Pest Control, the natural pest control expert.
How ChemTec Pest Control’s Operation is Green
Our staff is both concerned and creative. Concerned because ecological impact is considered in every decision we make, creative because we are always finding new ways to make ChemTec Pest Control a more environmentally conscious organization. We believe that every small step can help the environment.
Our Contributions to a Greener World
In the Field:
- Much of our equipment uses rechargeable batteries rather than gasoline for power.
- We have switched to synthetic motor oil, cutting our oil consumption on those vehicles in half.
- We route our vehicles using on-board navigation to reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
- Our vehicles are monitored to reduce idle time, assure proper tire inflation and drive at a green-friendly speed.
- All of our technicians use rechargeable flashlights. In previous years hundreds of batteries went to the landfills.
- We use eco-friendly anti-freeze in all of our equipment.
- We use a commercial car wash for all of our vehicles. Commercial car washes use significantly less water per wash than if we did it on-site.
In the Office:
- We recycle our office paper, our ink cartridges and our old cell phones.
- We give customers discounts for using credit cards instead of mailing envelopes and checks.
- We exclusively use the U.S. Postal Service, which is already visiting each address so as not to add to gas consumption.
- We take advantage of all of our available technological advances using email instead of faxes or snail mail and using mini-computers in the field with Wi-Fi.
- We use programmable thermostats to control our building temperature.
- We donate our old or unused office equipment and cell phones.
- We have electronic sensors and timers on our lights.
- We try to teleconference rather than travel.
- We read our periodicals online.
- We maximize our electronic files instead of physical files, saving on filing cabinets and paper file supplies.
- We pay bills and receive payments electronically.
- We re-use packing materials.
- We de-activate one out of every four florescent lighting bulbs.
- We print double sided copies in the office where possible.
- We switch off lights and equipment whenever they are not in use.
- All of our non-essential office equipment (monitors, printers, etc.) stays off when not in use… some are even unplugged so that phantom electric wasters (standby energy users) are not in use. It is estimated that 75% of an appliance’s electricity is from phantom power use!
- We’ve installed some “smart” power strips that automatically cut phantom energy to equipment when they are turned off.