ChemTec Pest Control services have been deemed an Essential Service by the US Department of Homeland Security. Pest Control is necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, essential businesses and essential activities. There is not a segment of the food industry that could comply with federal sanitation and health regulations without an adequate pest control program in place. It is important to make certain that our medical facilities, groceries stores and homes impacted by pests (and their related diseases) are kept safe, particularly as we limit movement, supplies and access. It is also a recognized fact that empty buildings can experience a greater degree of pest overrun. ChemTec has made a promise to our communities to protect them from pests and related dangers, and we will continue to do so as long as we can maintain safety protocols.
That being said, the health and safety of our customers and team members is our top priority. We believe we can continue to serve our customers through this crisis by continuing to be diligent in following CDC Guidelines. Below are the current safety protocols presented to and followed by our employees during this
Do not come into to work if you are sick
• Follow the CDC’s steps if you believe you may have COVID-19:
• Do not come into work if you suspect or have confirmed that someone in your home has COVID-19.
Follow the CDC’s guidelines for keeping others around you safe:
• If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms but you are sick, stay home.
• Notify your manager immediately if you’re not feeling well and/or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
• We are asking all employees not working from home to monitor their health by taking their temperature
each morning before work and afternoon after work and report any concerning results to your manager.
We understand that some facilities will require Technicians to verify that they have recently taken their
temperature and do not have a fever. Please take this seriously as the health of others is at stake.
Mandatory Social Distancing
• Keep a minimum of 6’ distance from others, 10’ is better
• Once you knock on a customer’s door to let them know you are at their home, step back from the door
to give the customer distance
• The goal is to not come in contact with other people so that airborne virus particles, if present, are not
shared. This includes co-workers.
• Do not congregate in groups.
• Visitors are no longer permitted in the building. Vendors who deliver packages or other items essential to our business are permitted to drop off the times in our lobby area only. No one except for an employee will be allowed access to any other portions of the building unless there is a needed repair. Please politely turn down visits from general solicitors. There are notices posted on our doors.
• Interviews and meetings will be conducted via Video Meetings.
• Our Customer Care Office Personnel should work from home if possible (note that it may at some point
become mandatory – we are currently at 86%)
• Technicians should only come into the office when necessary, such as when picking up weekly supplies
• Only one Technician per vehicle
• For existing residential customers, outside service should be the standard default. This is not new. Our primary goal has always been to protect a home by placing an exterior perimeter barrier around the structure to stop pests from gaining access inside the home. Non-emergency inside services should be postponed for a few weeks when possible. Necessary inside service is permitted provided that the Mandatory Customer Qualification and Mandatory PPE & Protective Measures below are followed.
Mandatory PPE & other Protection Measures for Technicians
• A face mask and gloves are mandatory at all times when working with the exception of inside a Technician’s assigned work vehicle (however it is still recommended).
• Techs must choose and wear, at a minimum, the applicable PPE based on the specific situation and material label requirements. More protective PPE is always an acceptable option.
• Customer-facing employees are required to wear disposable gloves at all times, changing them between customer stops. Put the gloves on as soon as you stop your service vehicle and remember to follow CDC recommendations to not touch your face while wearing the gloves and performing service. When you arrive back at your vehicle, sanitize the items you used while still wearing the gloves; Remove the gloves by inverting them inside out and dispose of them.
• Shoe Covers are mandatory for inside residential services.
• Do not allow customers to sign your mobile screen for services. As discussed, ask them for their three initials and record that in the signature spot.
• Contracts are to be signed electronically or with a paper version and new ChemTec pen in plastic bags that you leave behind for the customer.
• Any inside service of an occupied or recently occupied building requires the use of a N95 mask or respirator by all employees.
Mandatory PPE & other Protection Measures for Anyone in our Office
• A face mask and gloves are mandatory at all times in the shared or common areas of our office.
• Please respect each other’s personal working space and do not cross over the office thresholds.
• Meetings, no matter how short, should be conducted in the large conference room or training room where the 6’-10’ separation is possible.
Practice Proper Hygiene
• DO NOT shake hands with coworkers or customers.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for at least 20 seconds.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw away the tissue immediately and wash your hands.
• Avoid exposure to others who are ill.
• Sanitize hands often, especially before entering and driving the vehicle or before returning to your desk.
• Wipe down your desk area (keyboard, mouse, etc.) or vehicle multiple times a day. Be aware that our Viricide states to leave on surface for 10 minutes for maximum effectiveness.
• Wipe down your desk phone/cell phone multiple times a day.
Mandatory Customer Qualification
Our hope is to avoid service visits that necessitate customer contact inside of a home or business. However there will be unavoidable situations. ALL EMPLOYEES (Account Managers, Solutions Specialists, Supervisors, Managers, Field Inspectors) must qualify a customer prior to entering a home or small, closed quartered business AND prior to scheduling an inside visit. If done correctly, the customer should be Qualified when they scheduled the visit as well as prior to the Technician entering the home. Remember that there can be a few days between the time the appointment is set and our arrival. We might also be seeing a person different from the one that requested service. It is therefore important that each person in the chain of scheduling an inside visit, including the Technician and the person confirming the appointment, Qualifies the Customer.
The following 3 questions should be asked. A yes answer to any of these will result in the inside service visit being rescheduled to a later date:
1. Have you or anyone in your family/home been sick or been exposed to someone who was sick in
the last two weeks?
2. Have you traveled in the last 14 days? (we are looking for air travel and/or to another country)
3. Have you been asked to self-quarantine by your employer or a government agency? (this is not
working from home, this is a suggested or mandatory quarantine)
Any employee diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has come into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 is to immediately notify their Manager and self-quarantine for 14-days to reduce the possibility of infecting others.
Lastly, we want to make certain that you all feel comfortable and safe. If there is something that makes you uncomfortable, please let your Manager know.
Latest News & Blogs
28 AprilKissing Bug: NJ Dangerous Pests
Despite their pleasant-sounding name, kissing bugs have more than earned…Read Post
14 AprilMosquito Diseases in New Jersey
Mosquitoes are infamous for their annoying ability to ruin any…Read Post
28 MarchEco-Friendly Pest Control in New Jersey
At ChemTec Pest Control, we’ve been leading our industry since…Read Post
Satisfaction Promise For Bed Bug Extermination Process in New Jersey
At ChemTec Pest Control, we operate under a singular ideal: If our customers aren’t satisfied, we aren’t satisfied either.
If you still have a problem with a pest after we have conducted our pest control treatment, just call us and we will conduct another treatment for that pest for no charge as long as it’s within the warranty period. If after warranty retreatment you are still not satisfied, we will return your money.
We mean business when we say we guarantee your satisfaction, but of course from a QualityPro Certified pest control business, you would expect no less.
Be sure to ask about our unlimited service options! They guarantee results protecting you and controlling 60+ pests with guaranteed results.