These tiny flies lay their eggs in fruits and vegetables. While they are small, they are hugely annoying as you constantly try to bat them away from you and out of your kitchen. When it comes to fruit flies removal, you may need professional help to get rid of them completely.
Fruit Flies Identification
Do you need a fruit flies removal service? First, be sure you have fruit flies by looking for these physical characteristics:
- Brown, tan, or black adult bodies that are about ⅛-inch long
- Red eyes or darker colored eyes
Fruit flies are avid breeders. They multiply quickly once they find a source of decaying or fermenting fruits or vegetables to feed on and lay their eggs in. Fruit flies are most abundant in the fall during harvest season after breeding during the summer.
Unfortunately, these pests are not seasonal. They’re a problem all year long for homeowners, restaurants, grocery stores, and food processing facilities. Fruit flies even survive quite well inside structures during the winter months.
Dangers Associated with Fruit Flies
Fruit flies do not bite or sting, but they contaminate fruits and vegetables left on countertops by feeding on and breeding in them. Protect your family members by getting fruit flies under control as soon as possible.
Fruit Flies Control and Prevention
There are many ways you can prevent fruit flies from taking over your home, kitchen, and pantry areas. Use these fruit flies control tips:
- Caulk any gaps around exterior windows and doors to prevent fruit flies from entering.
- Make sure that window and door screens are completely intact.
- Keep produce in the refrigerator instead of on kitchen counters or tables.
- Use up or discard overripe fruits and vegetables.
- Wash dishes regularly, and don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight.
- Take out garbage regularly, and if you must keep garbage on the premises, place it in an outside container with a tight-fitting lid until it is picked up.
- Fix any leaky faucets or pipes in your home.
- Keep drains clean and free from food particles.
Fruit Flies Removal
The fastest and most effective way to get rid of a fruit fly problem in your home is to contact a professional pest control expert. Our pros at ChemTec have the experience and training necessary to:
- Identify the source of your fruit fly infestation.
- Perform safe and effective fruit flies removal treatments.
At ChemTec Pest Control, we can eliminate and control fruit flies in your home through our year-round home pest control programs, which include natural and organic solutions.
We have been serving the residents of New Jersey with quality pest control since 1931. Our pest control professionals are highly trained, experienced, and certified. We use the latest products and technologies to deliver safe, effective pest control for you and your family.
For more information about fruit flies removal—and our other pest control services—contact ChemTec today!
Latest News & Blogs
28 AprilKissing Bug: NJ Dangerous Pests
Despite their pleasant-sounding name, kissing bugs have more than earned…Read Post
14 AprilMosquito Diseases in New Jersey
Mosquitoes are infamous for their annoying ability to ruin any…Read Post
Satisfaction Promise For Bed Bug Extermination Process in New Jersey
At ChemTec Pest Control, we operate under a singular ideal: If our customers aren’t satisfied, we aren’t satisfied either.
If you still have a problem with a pest after we have conducted our pest control treatment, just call us and we will conduct another treatment for that pest for no charge as long as it’s within the warranty period. If after warranty retreatment you are still not satisfied, we will return your money.
We mean business when we say we guarantee your satisfaction, but of course from a QualityPro Certified pest control business, you would expect no less.
Be sure to ask about our unlimited service options! They guarantee results protecting you and controlling 60+ pests with guaranteed results.