Residential Pest Control Solutions In Mountainside, NJ
When you choose ChemTec Pest Control and our PestGuard Home Protection Plan to take care of your Mountainside home’s pest control needs, you can expect the following services:
- Regular and thorough pest inspections
- The application of a protective barrier around the perimeter of your home
- Pest management inspection reports to provide the information needed to prevent future infestations
- Free emergency response at no additional charge
- A money-back guarantee
To learn more about implementing a year-round residential pest control plan from the experts at ChemTec Pest Control to protect your home and family from New Jersey pests, give us a call and speak with one of our helpful and knowledgeable professionals today!
Carpet Beetle Prevention Tips For Mountainside, NJ Residents
Carpet beetles are a pest that many homeowners are not familiar with, but definitely should be! When found living inside homes and around people, these pests have the ability to cause damages as well as various health concerns. An interesting fact about these pests is that adult carpet beetles don’t cause damage inside homes; it is actually the carpet beetle larvae that cause all the damage! The larvae feed on natural fabrics and, when living inside homes, will damage clothing, blankets, upholstered furniture, and, of course, carpets! Besides the damages that they can cause, carpet beetles present another problem: their larvae are attracted to the natural oils found in people’s hair and on their bodies. Carpet beetle larvae’s bodies are covered in bristles and when they crawl over people, they can cause an itchy rash; this rash sometimes leads people to believe they have a bed bug infestation, when in reality, the real culprits are carpet beetles! In addition to putting a year-round home pest protection plan from ChemTec into place, there are a few tips that can help you keep carpet beetles out of your Mountainside, New Jersey home. Adult carpet beetles can often be found living on outdoor plants, so it is always a good idea to inspect plants before bringing them inside. Another way to prevent these pests from gaining access to your home is to make sure that all the windows and doors in your home have intact screens placed inside them; it is also important to place weather stripping around all exterior doors and windows. To prevent problems with carpet beetle larvae inside of your home, store clothing, blankets, and other items made of natural fabrics in pest-proof containers instead of cardboard boxes. Another helpful tip to keep your home carpet beetle-free is to regularly dust and vacuum your home in order to remove dust, hair, and other debris that carpet beetle larvae will feed on. To learn more about carpet beetles and how Chemtec Pest Control can help eliminate them from your home, give us a call today!
Learn More About Carpenter Bees In Mountainside, NJ
The more you know about these potentially damaging pests, the better you can protect your Mountainside property from them. Listed below are some helpful facts about carpenter bees:
- Carpenter bees have a round, bumble bee-like appearance and a smooth, black abdomen. The females are usually completely black or dark brown in color, while males may have some yellow or white markings on their face.
- Carpenter bees can grow to between 1/2 and 1 1/2 inches in length.
- Males do not have a stinger, but are very aggressive.
- Females do have a stinger, but are very docile and rarely sting.
- Carpenter bees are a solitary species of stinging insect, meaning that females create their own individual nests.
- Many females may choose the same piece of wood or the same area to create their nests in.
- Carpenter bees prefer to nest inside older, untreated softwoods.
- Carpenter bees will return to the same nests year after year, causing more structural damage to the piece of wood that they are nesting in each time they return.
- Woodpeckers love to eat carpenter bee larvae and will peck at the nest entrance to gain access to these larvae, which can cause even more structural damage to the wood of your home.
To prevent your New Jersey property from being invaded by carpenter bees, partner with the carpenter bee experts at ChemTec Pest Control. We have the long-term carpenter bee solutions needed to eliminate carpenter bees from your property and keep them from returning. Call us today to learn more!
Protect Your Mountainside, NJ Home From Termites
Don’t leave whether or not termites are going to invade your Mountainside home up to chance; instead, take the proactive steps necessary to protect your home from these extremely destructive pests. At ChemTec Pest Control, we understand how important trustworthy termite control services are to homeowners. To begin our termite control service, we will perform a very thorough termite inspection to determine if there is any current termite activity. The inspector will look for termite damages, termite tunnels, termites themselves, and the hidden activity that only a highly-trained professional could spot. They will then provide a price estimate and service agreement. At ChemTec, we offer our customers a variety of termite control services to help homeowners meet their home’s unique needs. Our termite control services include:
- The Sentricon® System with Always Active®
- Termidor Termite Protection
- Termiscope System
To learn more about protecting your Mountainside, New Jersey home from termites with the help of the experienced professionals at ChemTec Pest Control, give us a call right now!