Residential Pest Control in Leonia, NJ
All of ChemTec’s technicians are trained and certified (not just our field supervisors), and we provide the quickest response times in the region. These benefits, and the fact that our QualityPro certified technicians are courteous, friendly, and competent, are just some of the many reasons why you should choose ChemTec Pest Control for your Leonia home’s pest control needs. Our residential pest control services are customer-focused, and we will work very closely with you to eliminate pests problems from your Leonia property. To protect your home from pests year-round, turn to our PestGuard Home Protection Plan which includes inspection services, the implementation of control and preventative measures, detailed reports, free emergency response, and a money-back guarantee. Partner with the New Jersey pest control experts who have provided exceptional, trustworthy, and personalized services for over 80 years, and keep pests away from and out of your Leonia home for good.
How to Prevent Carpet Beetles in Leonia, NJ
Carpet beetles are small pests that can invade homes and businesses causing damage to personal items and stored products. The carpet beetle larva is the developmental stage that causes most of the problems inside of your property, as they feed on things made out of silk, fur, feathers, and other animal products. While feeding, carpet beetles will create holes in and damage clothing, carpets, blankets and other personal items. In addition to the damages that carpet beetles cause in your home, the larvae have a bristled body, which may leave behind an itchy rash if you happen to touch it or have one crawl on your skin. To keep your Leonia property free of these damaging and annoying pests we highly recommend the following prevention tips:
- Make sure to dust and vacuum on a regular basis to remove excess dust, hair, and other debris from your home that carpet beetles like to feed on.
- Prevent adult carpet beetles from getting into your home by sealing any cracks and crevices that are found around windows and doors, make sure that screens are completely intact, and seal spaces found around utility entrances.
- Don’t purchase dry goods from the store that have holes or tears in them.
- Store wool items or clothing made from natural fibers in pest-proof storage containers, instead of just in cardboard boxes.
If these destructive pests ever find their way into your property, contact the professionals at ChemTec Pest Control. We have the comprehensive, customized treatment options needed to completely eliminate carpet beetles from your Leonia home.
Tips to Avoid Termite Damage in Leonia, NJ
The damage that termites can inflict on a property is severe and very costly to repair. To help avoid termite damages from occurring in your Leonia property, ChemTec Pest Control highly recommends the use of the eco-friendly, non-invasive Sentricon® System with Always Active™ to both completely eliminate active termite infestations and to prevent future problems with these pests long into the future. Once the system is installed it begins to work immediately, eliminating the queen and entire colony. Other tips to avoid moisture seeking termites from damaging your Leonia home include:
- Making sure that gutters are in good working order to direct water away from your home.
- Removing areas of overgrown vegetation that are planted close to your home.
- Fixing any leaky pipes, fixtures, or faucets that are found inside or outside your home.
- Placing dehumidifiers in basement areas and make sure that crawl spaces are properly ventilated.
- Removing any structural wood that has been damaged by water from your home.
- Leaving a stone or rock barrier between any soil or mulch and your home’s foundation.
- Placing woodpiles a distance away from your home and removing excess organic debris from your property and yard.
Contact ChemTec today to learn more about preventing termite damages by installing Sentricon® with Always Active™, or to schedule a termite inspection for your Leonia property.
How to Identify a Bed Bug Infestation in Leonia, NJ
The bed bug’s flat oval body gives it the perfect shape to be able to hideout inside homes relatively unnoticed. However, while bed bugsare small they are not invisible, and so adults can usually be found hiding out in the seams of mattresses and box springs, behind pictures and clocks, and in the cracks and crevices found in floors, walls, and wooden furniture. But even if you don’t spot the actual bed bugs you can easily spot the signs that they typically leave behind, and we aren’t talking bed bug bites. This is because many people don’t even react to their bites, so it is not a reliable indicator of their presence in a home. Common signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- Noticing small blood spots on mattress, box springs, bedding or walls.
- Finding black flecks (their excrement) on mattresses, box springs, linens, and pillowcases.
- Finding their molted skins in piles on the floor, underneath of mattresses and box springs, or in other areas.
- In the case of a large-sized infestation noticing a musty or sickly sweet smell in the air of your property.
If you ever notice signs of bed bugs, contact ChemTec Pest Control. Our bed bug control program provides Leonia customers with a thorough inspection followed by three treatments, during which our technicians will use safe, specialized materials to ensure all adult bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs are completely eliminated from your home and that a re-infestation does not occur. To learn more about our bed bug control services including our 6-month bed bug guarantee or our mattress and box spring encasements, give us a call today!