Residential Pest Control In Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Listed below are some easy-to-execute ways to keep New Jersey pests out of your Lake Hopatcong home.
- Make sure to place screens over all vents and chimneys leading into your home.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces dry and well-ventilated.
- Seal any cracks found in the foundation or exterior walls of your home.
- Make sure that weather stripping has been placed around all exterior windows and doors.
- Place door sweeps on all exterior doors, especially basement doors.
- Make sure that all outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting or locking lids on them.
- Trim back overgrown bushes, shrubs, and tree limbs away from the exterior of your home.
- Leave a stone barrier between any mulch or soil and your home’s foundation.
In addition to the above tips, the easiest way to ensure that your home becomes and stays free of pests is to partner with a professional pest control company and implement a year-round pest control plan. At ChemTec our PestGuard Home Protection Plan works to provide year-round protection against pests through quarterly service visits that focus on the pest pressures of each season. Our spring service visit focuses on emerging pest prevention and our summer service visit focuses on pest management by managing and eliminating pest populations around your home. During our fall service visit, our professional will focus on pest management and blocking entry points to prevent pests from being able to enter your home in the winter months. Our winter service visit focuses on interior pest control and rodent control to keep your family and home safe from invasive pests. To learn more about our PestGuard Home Protection Plan, reach out to us today, we would be happy to help you maintain a pest-free home.
Learn How To Minimize Mosquito Exposure In Lake Hopatcong, NJ
There are some very effective ways that you can limit your exposure to mosquitoes. Wear long sleeves and pants when outside, don’t go outside at dusk or dawn when mosquitoes are most active, wear light-colored clothing, and don’t forget the mosquito spray. All these tips will work to help limit exposure to mosquitoes, but the easier and more practical way to limit exposure to disease-spreading mosquitoes is to reduce their numbers through ChemTec’s professional mosquito control service, which can be completed as a one-time service or as a seasonal service. This service can be tailored to meet the exact needs of your property and includes:
- A thorough inspection of your property to identify potential breeding spots and resting spots.
- The treatment for mosquitoes through the application of product to areas on your property like shrubs, along grass lines, and trees.
- If you have chosen seasonal pest control, the option of choosing a treatment package that includes either 3 or 5 visits to be completed during mosquitoes most active season.
Reach out to us today to learn more about partnering together to reduce the number of mosquitoes found living and breeding on your Lake Hopatcong property.
Why You Should Never Attempt Wildlife Control In Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Eliminating wild animals like raccoons, squirrels, or skunks that have found their way underneath or inside your Lake Hopatcong home should only be handled by a trained professional. Wild animals by nature are unpredictable and even the tiniest of squirrels can cause quite a bit of damage when defending their young. Don’t risk coming into contact with disease, bacteria, sharp teeth, long claws, or a smelly skunk’s hind end, let our professionals take care of your wildlife problems for you. At ChemTec our animal control experts have the experience and equipment needed to safely and humanely remove wild animals from your property and prevent their return. Our experts will accurately identify the troublemaker, use traps or bait to get rid of the unwanted invaders, and put into place an exclusion plan to prevent future problems with these wild creatures. Our exclusive wildlife control and removal solutions include the following options: rodent control for rats, mice and other rodents, bat control/removal programs, raccoon control programs, groundhog removal, skunk removal, snake removal, and bird exclusion and bird deterrents. To remove wildlife animals from your Lake Hopatcong property the safest way possible, contact the wildlife control experts at ChemTec Pest Control today.
How To Spot An Active Bed Bug Infestation In Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Bed bugs are problematic pests that are found in most public settings and can be introduced into any Lake Hopatcong property at any time of the year. Bed bugs crawl onto people and their clothing or into their personal belongings where they are then accidentally introduced into homes. Once inside a home, they will continue to feed and breed, growing their numbers until they are forced out through professional bed bug control services. If bed bugs are living inside of your Lake Hopatcong home, you may notice some or all of the following common signs of an infestation:
- Red dots of blood or dark streaks of fecal material found on mattresses, box springs, linens, or walls.
- Piles of molted bed bug skins under mattresses and box springs, on the floor, inside closets or drawers.
- Discovering live or dead apple-seed shaped insects that are reddish-brown in color in the cracks and crevices of mattresses, box springs, furniture, or walls.
- Waking up with red, itchy bite marks, especially on the legs, arms and other body parts exposed while sleeping.
- However, it is important to understand that bed bug bites look like many other “bug” bites and that not everyone will react to their bites.
- In the case of a large infestation, a sweet musty odor may develop throughout your home or in a specific room of your home.
If you ever spot or even think you spot bed bugs living inside of your home, immediately contact ChemTec Pest Control so that our professionals can perform a thorough inspection and provide the treatment needed to completely eliminate blood-feeding bed bugs from your home. To learn more about our effective, eco-friendly bed bug control services, reach out to us today.