For Mary Vongas, President of ChemTec Pest Control, it goes far beyond standard pest control procedures. It is a way of thinking that has influenced her business practices, her customers, and even her employees.
Integrated Pest Management is the core of Chemtec. It is an environmentally sensitive approach to pest management that considers the life cycle of pests, their breeding sites, and natural forms of exclusion. By changing the environment, sealing entry points, and implementing safe trapping techniques, most pest infestations can be controlled. But even extermination is done with nature green methods, using F.D.A.-approved plant oils as insecticides. There’s no need to endanger families or put toxic chemicals into the environment. Homes and businesses can be sealed naturally, and Chemtec is on the cutting edge of these modern methods.
But providing their customers with safe, green pest control is only the beginning. Chemtec strives for a greener world. For this reason they have changed most of the ways they do business. Here are a few of them.
- Rechargeable batteries are now used in equipment and flashlights to decrease gasoline usage and reduce the number of batteries being sent to the landfill.
- A switch to synthetic motor oil cuts down oil consumption in vehicles by half.
- All vehicles use on-board navigation to reduce fuel consumption and emission.
- Commercial car washes are used to clean vehicles, they use a lot less water than cleaning the vehicles on-site at Chemtec.
- Office paper, ink cartridges, and old cell phones are recycled.
- Customers are given a discount to go paperless.
- All lights in the Chemtec building are on electronic sensors or timers.
- Teleconferencing is used instead of travel.
- Bills are paid electronically.
- Double sided copies are made whenever possible to conserve energy and paper.
These are only a handful of the many ways Chemtec has changed its business practices to help protect the environment. But it still wasn’t enough for Mary Vongas. She instituted a $400 annual award to employees who also found ways to make their homes green. This program thrives to this day. And, it is just one more way Chemtec shows its dedication to its customers, its employees and our world.
We’re all in this together. Why not give Chemtec a chance to show you how their state licensed technicians protect your home or business. If you’re not completely satisfied, they’ll give you your money back. Get green today.