When bugs are bugging you, if you’re like most people, you’re focused on how fast a NJ exterminator can get to your home and eliminate the problem. However, hiring a New Jersey pest control firm without doing your due diligence can wind up wasting your money and making your pest problem worse. While fast action is important when insects invade your home, a few hours or an extra day is not going to make a difference. Taking time to investigate a NJ pest control company before you hire ensures that the NJ exterminator who comes to your home will be able to get the job done and rid your home of problem pests quickly and safely.
Here’s what to look for when choosing a New Jersey pest control company:
- Make certain the pest control firm is licensed by the state of New Jersey. Licensed pest control companies must obtain mandated training and demonstrate knowledge of pests, pest control products and their proper application, and recommended safety procedures.
- Pest control technicians should be certified by the state to perform the pest control procedures required. At some NJ pest control companies, technicians operate under the certification of the owner or field supervisor; however, at ChemTec, all of our technicians are extensively trained and have each personally passed the state certification program.
- The New Jersey exterminator you hire should be a member of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and the associated state organization, the New Jersey Pest Management Association (NJPMA). Membership in these professional organizations indicates adherence to industry standards and commitment to staying current with new pest control products, technology and treatment protocols.
- Give preference to NJ pest control companies that have been awarded QualityPro Certification which recognizes the nation’s top pest control companies.
- Ask for references and make sure you call them. You should also check the company’s record with the Better Business Bureau.