Follow these few simple tips to help keep your home pest free all year long!
Each year the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) observes the month of April as National Pest Management Month to help raise public awareness of all the threats that pest infestations pose to homeowners across the country. Although many only think of pest management as dealing with the creepy crawlies, it is important to recognize what pest management companies do to help homeowners combat the health risks and destruction that pests are causing every year.
In order to keep your home and your family safe from the dangers of pest infestations this year, the NPMA advises homeowners to familiarize themselves with the common pests to their area and ways to help prevent them from getting inside your home. For those living in New Jersey and NYC Metro who are wondering what to expect from pests this season, ChemTec Pest Control has some information to share on the springtime pests popping up as well as prevention tips to keep the pests away. In addition to occasional invaders coming out of hibernation, common pest problems reported in ChemTec’s service area are:
- Bed bugs
Each of these pests poses different threats to homeowners and while some are more serious than others, it is important that you take steps to pest proof your home from any pest invaders by following these springtime pest prevention tips:
- Inspect the exterior of your home and seal off any cracks, holes, or lose vent covers that pests could use an entrance.
- Remove stagnant water and moisture from your property because moist conditions are perfect for termites, mosquitoes as well as many other insects.
- Keep a clean kitchen by wiping down surfaces to remove spills and crumbs and also taking the trash out regularly.
- Check that all windows have screens before they open up to let in the fresh spring air.
- Before leaving for spring break or your next vacation, refer to our previous blogs on ways to prevent bed bugs from coming home with you: Avoiding Bed Bugs While You Travel Part I & Avoiding Bed Bugs While You Travel Part II.
Staying pest free in does not have to be hard work. If you are interested in keeping your home safe year round from pest invaders, contact ChemTec Pest Control to learn more about their home pest protection services in New Jersey that will take the worry and stress of pests off your shoulders!