It’s winter time and since that (insert your adjective here) groundhog saw his shadow, we can expect at least 6 more weeks of this chilly season! But even though we’re experiencing record cold temps, snow storms and ice storms, the pests we expect to be hiding during this season can still be causing us problems. Termites are pests that continue to operate even during the colder months. You may not notice them swarming this time of year, but these silent destroyers could still be within the walls of your home, eating it from the inside out.
Do you want to know how to tell if you have termites in your home? There are some signs of termites that you can look for, even in the winter which can help you catch a termite infestation before it gets out of control.
- Tap on the wood in your home; if any of it sounds hollow, you could have a termite problem.
- Look around your home for wood that appears to sag or droop; because termites destroy wood from the inside out, wood timbers in your home may become structurally unsound.
- Look closely at the wood in your home (including cabinets and furniture) for tiny holes. These holes could be possible entry holes for termites that are feeding on the wood.
- Examine dry wall and foundation walls to look for mud tubes. Termites create and use these tubes to travel in and the tubes keep them protected from the dry air. If you have these tubes present, you probably have termites.
- Shed termite wings are definite signs of an infestation of termites in your home.
Seeing signs of termites during the winter months is a clear indication that you need to get a handle on this problem. The New Jersey pest control pros at ChemTec offer termite inspections that can tell you for sure whether or not you have a termite problem. Our professionals can offer termite identification and an effective New Jersey termite treatment to eliminate these pests and help keep them from returning.
For termite control, NJ natives know that ChemTec is the best choice. Offering pest control services to local home and business owners since 1931, we are the best choice for responsible pest control services you can trust; contact us today!