Spiders are attracted to areas where they have a plentiful food source, moisture, and hiding spots. Your Westfield home can provide everything a spider needs to feel cozy and welcome. There are many ways spiders can get into your home. Consider some of these ways to reduce their presence:
- Remove cobwebs and spider webs from both inside and outside your home on a regular basis. A broom or even a cloth on a stick can help you get hard-to-reach corners and high areas like under your gutters and around windows.
- Seal up cracks around doors and windows, repair damaged screens, close basement doors, spackle small holes from utility wires and other openings.
- Reduce moisture by keeping your gutters in good-working order, checking for leaks in sinks and hoses, and using dehumidifiers in attics and basements.
- Get rid of clutter that can provide hiding spaces.
- Keep trash and food inaccessible.
Because other pests feed on spiders, and spiders feed on other pests, the presence of one may indicate the presence of the other. Taking the precautions above helps to reduce other nuisance pests which also helps to reduce spiders.
Obviously, one of the biggest indicators that you have a spider problem in your Summit home is seeing live spiders. This also includes spider webs and egg sacks suspended in webs. Not all spiders make or live in webs, though, so checking basements, closets, attics, etc. for spiders living in cracks, corners, and under things is a good habit to get into.
If you suspect a spider infestation in New Providence or want to prevent one from happening, consider professional pest control. At ChemTec Pest Control we can identify the type of spider problem you have and work with you to eliminate their presence in your home. Our year-round pest control plans will help prevent them from coming back. Please call us for assistance with your Union County area home if you want peace of mind in ridding your home of these creepy pests.